Indian personalities score big awards at the PETA India Fashion Awards 2020February 18, 2021 12:29
(Image source from: twitter.com)
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) organizes a fashion award show each year to credit those who are vegan friendly with their fashion sense. This show brings awareness of animal abuse and animal suffering and promotes animal cruelty. This year, India has announces its winners for the Vegan Fashion Show 2020.
The awards recognized brands and individuals who wore animal free fashion.
Here are the list of winners from the year’s award show:
- Richa Chadha (Bollywood actress) - Best Vegan Style Icon (She only wore cotton and completely avoided leather, silk or woollen clothing)
- Milind Soman (Athlete) - best vegan active wear for his brand Deivee
- Best Fashion Moment- Lakme Fashion Week’s Sustainable Fashion Day (the entire show was leather free)
- Best Vegan Trainers: Adidas India’s Unisex Adidas originals Continental 80 shoes
- Best Vegan Wool: Faborg (The wool is made from a plant called Calotropis)
- Best Vegan Leather: Malai (The company made leather from waste produced from the coconut industry)
- Best Vegan women’s shoes: Papa Don’t Preach by Shubika
- Best Vegan Men’s shoes: The Alternate
- Best Vegan Bags: Broke Mate
- Best Vegan Sarees: Ghatkopar Cloth Stores
PETA hosts this awards to encourage more celebrities, designers and citizens to use more cruelty free clothing which does not include animal skin or animal cruelty to produce the product and instead, use 100% cruelty free vegan products.
By Meena Atmakuri